What is this social media , the answer is probably known to everyone because today everyone is using social media.
Yes, among friends, the social medias I am talking about are nothing but these are Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and other networks.
We know about the networks, if we do not know, it is nothing but connecting with others. For example like Blogging’s network, Business’s network.
In the same way, social media means to connect with people through social communication. It is just like Physical Network, it just happens in network online .
Since now is the time of online, people use this social media to communicate among themselves, to increase contact or to exchange their live things and information.
Many times it has been found that many of our friends and relatives do not live with us and some live abroad, so social media is very useful for us to interact with them and maintain friendship.
That’s why today I thought that you will know about what social media is and how it has become a major part of our life. Just to give full information about this thing, today I have selected this topic, so what is the delay?
What is social media?
Social Media is also known as Social Media Service. This means connecting with your friends and relatives using the Internet . Where you exchange friendship, relationship, education, interests with each other.
With this, we can know about the events happening in the country and abroad. With this, we can learn about the interests of others and also explore them.
Definition of social media
to allow the generally recognized to profile the Social Mediaing Services users. We can mainly divide them into two broad categories.
1) Internal Social Media (ISN)
2) External Social Media (ESN)
Internal Social Media (ISN)
ISN is mainly a closed and private community where small or small number of people are connected, it is like a community between those people. Here, an invitation is required to join this network.
And you can join them only on invitation. For example, an Education group, Photography group or Hacking Community or a Secret Forum.
External Social Media (ESN)
Whereas ESN is mainly open and public community where people are connected in large or large scale, it is like a community among these people.
Here anyone can join this network who wants to join it. This mainly attracts advertisers more as there is more traffic here.
Users can add their picture here and can also become “friends” with others. For example, Faceboo, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, Ask etc.
Often, in social media, a user cannot link to each other until they confirm to other people.
Social media features
Social Media Services are mainly Web Based Services. That allow people to create a public or semi-public profile within a limited system.
With this they get this facility how to get the facility to share their contents with others. These vary from nature of connection and nomenclature from one site to another.
With this, it helps us to meet with each other and with the help of those things which we cannot tell through our voice, we can convey that message to others.
How is it used for business model?
We know this well that where there is good traffic, a good business model can be prepared only. In the same way on Social Netwok, the concept of Pages and Groups is very popular.
If you have more people on your account then you can change it in a page. With this, advertisers can contact you to deliver their ads on those pages. In this way you can do good business on your social account.
Types of social media
Business applications using
social media properly are very beneficial for entrepreneurs and small business. With this, they can make their business bigger by joining with many people.
They can also advertise their products using social media. Because Social Medias operate all over the world, with the help of this, we can contact people in any country of the world and increase our business.
are used by many health professionals to manage their social knowledge. With this, they can highlight their doctors and institutions in front of people. With this, they can also share their knowledge with other people.
social mediaing services are now being used for criminal and legal investigations. Information that are located in sites such as MySpace and Facebook are investigated by the police.
Many social services use social media properly for social good because they know very well that a lot of people visit social media and look for good posts.
If they talk to them about their social service, then maybe some people will agree to join them in this good work. This increases their viewership and their followers.
By working more like minded people (people of similar thinking) together, they can easily achieve many impossible goals. And can do something different and better for this society.
What are the Risks of Social Media?
Where the use of Social Medias helps us to take advantage of a lot of possibilites such as increasing contact with our friends, getting to know the world closely, knowing about cultures, long-distance relationships, etc. At the same time, it also brings many such risks with which we need to know.
They say that there are two aspects of the coin; similarly, using social medias can become equally risky if we do not know how to use it. Because in online we can find many such frauds and molesters who can trick us by pretending to be friends and get us wrong. So let’s know a little more about this.
Main risks that can be done using social medias
1. Loss of our privacy: All the data , information, photo, video or file that we upload on social media becomes a part of that, which later becomes part of administrators’ files. In return, if a hacker hacks that system, then he can easily get all our data and can also use it incorrectly. So never save all your information on any social media.
2. Access of inappropriate content : Since there is less control over our network, so the information we see on the Internet may have bad and inappropriate content in front of us even if we do not want it.
They can be of any humus, such as violent, sexual, or things related to nerves etc. These things can also be published or shared on social media by other people in the form of links, notices.
3. Harassment by Colleagues, acquaintances or strangers: The main two fundamental cases can be seen here.
- Cyberbullying : Harassment that is done by any colleagues or strangers through threats, insults, etc. in this network.
- Cybergrooming : These are mainly done by adults with minors so that they can get their photos and information from them, which they can later use to get their work done.
Benefits of social media
We can see social media as a structure where people maintain variety of relationship like friendly, working, commercial, informative etc. But now this Internet has become a fundamental tool of communication, from students to large companies, from politicians to police corporations;
It uses it to investigate any of your favorite topics of interest, or to complete a transaction or to chat with a friend.
Therefore, if it is not used properly, it can also dominate us. So let’s discuss again about the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
- Social media can be used to advertise something.
- School activities can also be done easily, even if all the members are from different states.
- If our relatives or friends are living far away, then we can contact them easily with the help of social media and that too at a very low cost.
- Even we can interact with people in other cities, states or countries.
- We can easily send and receive diverse files (such as photographs, documents, etc.).
- New friends can be made that are of another culture.
- It helps us to interact in real time.
- Nowadays political parties are running their online campaingn with the help of Social Medias.
- Here we can prepare discussion and debate forums and discuss among ourselves.
- It helps us to do collaborative learning.
- It helps commercial networks to reach people to their products.
- This also helps the police to carry out its investigation smoothly.
Social media disadvantages
- Privacy is a big issue of Social Medias.
- Here any unknown and dangerous person can get access to all your personal information and which they can later use wrongly.
- With this use, you start separating yourself from your family and friends because you spend a lot of your time online.
- To enter social media, you can also tell your age as wrong, so that you inadvertently bring yourself closer to the online molester. Because you do not understand that much at this young age and those people who can use it wrongly can take it.
- Possibility of creating fake account increases more.
- It keeps pulling you towards yourself inadvertently and later you become its slave.
- This gives real relation a lot of damage.
- More use of computers and gadgets also has a bad effect on your health.
What is the future of social media
Because we are living in the technological world, where all our things are full of technology. Therefore, the future of social media is also very bright. Its use has increased considerably in a few years.
Today, people know less about their neighbors but more about the neighbors of others.
If seen, this is called social media and nothing but communication happening in the virtual world. Where we have literally many friends, there are communities, etc.
Slowly all things are moving more towards the virtual world. In such a situation, the day is not far when all our things will be available in social media.
I sincerely hope that I have given you complete information about what is social media and I hope you all have understood about social media.
I request all of you readers that you too share this information in your neighborhood, relatives and friends, so that our awareness will be there and it will benefit everyone. I need your support so that I can convey more new information to you.
It has always been my endeavor that I always help my readers or readers from all sides,
if you people have any doubt of any kind, then you can ask me irresponsibly.
I will definitely try to solve those Doubts. How did you like this article, what is social media?